Open Cockpit Day
Time & Location
About the Event
- Sit in a Korean War MiG-15 and feel what it would have been like to fly for the "other side" in America's first war of the Jet Age.
- Get a glimpse of the training involved for Naval Flight Officers in the 1970s in our Navy A-6 simulator trailer.
- Imagine yourself taking off and landing on a carrier deck in the Navy A-3 Sky Warrior.
• Open Cockpit is when the museum’s visitors can view famous aircraft including A-3 Skywarrior, A-4 Skyhawk, A-7 Corsair and sit in a Harrier, Mig-15, ¾ replica of a Mustang P-51, Cessna 0-2, T-39 Business Jet, Glasair and Ercoupe,The Short Solent Mk 111. Flying Boat exhibit will be open for limited tours, $7 per person. (No free admission during Open Cockpit Day)
• Activities during Open Cockpit include European Train Enthuisiasts Exhibit and Companions for Independence. Canine Companions enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships.
• OAM will have the F/A -18 Hornet Flight Simulator operational using a VR headset or by viewing on a monitor. ($20 for 20 minutes)
• Live Music by The Friends of Ken Band.
Open Cockpit Days are BLACKOUT DAYS
Amazon.com passes and Groupon passes are NOT accepted on these days.
Family Memberships accepted on Open Cockpit Days
- Child Ticket$8$80$0
- Adult Ticket$15$150$0
- Senior Ticket$12$120$0
- Student and Teen Ticket$10$100$0
- Military Ticket$10$100$0
- Infant and Toddler$0$00$0